What logging facility shoould in my Solr plugin?

What logging facility shoould in my Solr plugin?

T. Kuro Kurosaka
I see Solr uses the JDK java.util.logging.Logger.
I should also be using this Logger when I write
a plugin, correct?

I am asking only because I see commons-logging.jar
in apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/ext
What is this for?

-kuro

Re: What logging facility shoould in my Solr plugin?

Ryan McKinley
Teruhiko Kurosaka wrote:
> I see Solr uses the JDK java.util.logging.Logger.
> I should also be using this Logger when I write
> a plugin, correct?

You can use which ever logging you like ;)  solr uses JDK logging.  If
you want to contribute the plugin back to solr, it will need to use JDK
logging...

> I am asking only because I see commons-logging.jar
> in apache-solr-1.1.0-incubating/example/ext
> What is this for?

that was for the example jetty logging.  the (brand) new release 1.2
does not include commons logging.