Where to put the nutch-site.xml ?

ahmed ghouzia
Dear nutchers

I comleted a successful crawling process with nutch
0.7.1 , and i am trying to make the search

1-I have my {segments, db and index} resulted from the
   last crawl  located at:
         /home/ahmed/Desktop/Downloads/nutch/bin/
         crawl.testagain
   and tomcat is located at:
       /home/ahmed/Desktop/Downloads/tomcat/

2- I have edited the nutch-site.xml so that the
  searcher.dir refers to
    /home/ahmed/Desktop/Downloads/nutch/bin/
    crawl.testagain

3-then i put a copy of nutch-site.xml at ~/tomcat/
         webapps/nutch-0.7.1/WEB-INF/classes

4-then i restarted tomcat, then tried to browse
http://   localhost:8080/ but it gave the following
error

HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process
this request
5- I think that the problem is with the location to
put in the nutch-site.xml

Where exactly can i put it?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Where to put the nutch-site.xml ?

Alejandro Puig
Maybe it's because nutch is not tomcat's ROOT app, try this:

http://localhost:8080/nutch-0.7.1/

if this does not work neither try "netstat -ntpl" to find what port is
tomcat listening for, or try to follow the steps in the nutch tutorial to
make nutch the ROOT app of tomcat

hope it helps

alex

** Dear nutchers
**
[...]
** __________________________________________________
** Do You Yahoo!?
** Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
** http://mail.yahoo.com
**

Re: Where to put the nutch-site.xml ?

sudhendra seshachala
There are two ways
Bundle with the jar file itself which is in Web-INF/lib folder
or you can go and add it conf under <Module_NAME/WEB-INF/Conf.
Tomcat restart is required, if you modify the conf folder and modify the jar in the lib folder.

Hope this helps./

ahmed ghouzia <[hidden email]> wrote: Dear nutchers

[...]

  Sudhi Seshachala
  http://sudhilogs.blogspot.com/