Which one works best?

Peter McPeterson
I'm not sure which solution works best: having multiple Solr instances
running on the same server, each one for a different website OR having just
one Solr instance running and having each one of the sites share the same
"index"? They're different sites by the way.

Thanks.

Spaces

Re: Which one works best?

Chris Hostetter-3

: I'm not sure which solution works best: having multiple Solr instances
: running on the same server, each one for a different website OR having just
: one Solr instance running and having each one of the sites share the same
: "index"? They're different sites by the way.

if you've got completely independent data sets, and no need to ever
involve data from both sets in a single request, then i relaly can't think
of many compelling reasons to put both data sets in a single index.

you might also be interested in this thread on some tradeoffs of running
multiple solr instances in a single servlet container vs seperate servlet
containers on the same machine...

http://www.nabble.com/Multiple-indexes-tf2929357.html#a8223941

Re: Which one works best?

Peter McPeterson