Why "nutch plugin" says the plugin is "not present or inactive"?

Why "nutch plugin" says the plugin is "not present or inactive"?

T. Kuro Kurosaka
I developed a plugin and tried to run it using "nutch plugin
<plugin-name> <plugin-fully-qualified-class-name> <arg1> <arg2> ...." of
Nutch 0.8.

But it says my plugin is not present or inactive.

I tried the "nutch plugin" command with a known plugin
"language-identifier" as:

./nutch plugin languageidentifier
org.apache.nutch.analysis.lang.NGramProfile

and got the same result:
Plugin 'language-identifier' not present or inactive.

This log message suggests that the plugin is recognized by the nutch
command:

2006-09-01 17:05:46,772 DEBUG plugin.PluginRepository
(PluginManifestParser.java:parsePluginFolder(93)) - parsing:
C:\opt\nutch-0.8\plugins\language-identifier\plugin.xml

Is the "nutch plugin" command working for any of you?

-kuro

indexing problem

Anton Potekhin
I've got latest versions of nutch (0.9-dev) and hadoop (Trunk) from svn.
When I try to index I get the next error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseData
     at org.apache.nutch.indexer.Indexer$InputFormat$1.next(Indexer.java:92)
     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$3.next(MapTask.java:184)
     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:44)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:1075)

This exception is raised from method next(Writable key, Writable value) of
class SequenceFileRecordReader.

Method 'next' is called with 'value' parameter that have different class for
each its call (classes are crawlDatum, ParseData or Inlinks).

And when these classes (crawlDatum, ParseData or Inlinks) are cast I get
classCastException.

Why do I get this exception? I looked at old sources but didn't find
distinctions in algorithm. What do I miss?

Re: indexing problem

Sami Siren-2
[hidden email] wrote:

> I've got latest versions of nutch (0.9-dev) and hadoop (Trunk) from svn.
> When I try to index I get the next error:
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseData
>      at org.apache.nutch.indexer.Indexer$InputFormat$1.next(Indexer.java:92)
>      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$3.next(MapTask.java:184)
>      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:44)
>      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:196)
>      at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:1075)
>

> This exception is raised from method next(Writable key, Writable value) of
> class SequenceFileRecordReader.
>
> Method 'next' is called with 'value' parameter that have different class for
> each its call (classes are crawlDatum, ParseData or Inlinks).
>
> And when these classes (crawlDatum, ParseData or Inlinks) are cast I get
> classCastException.
>
> Why do I get this exception? I looked at old sources but didn't find
> distinctions in algorithm. What do I miss?

Nutch is not compatible with latest hadoop from svn.

  Sami Siren

RE: indexing problem

Anton Potekhin
>>Nutch is not compatible with latest hadoop from svn.

Nutch works coorect after small tuning with latest hadoop from svn ;-)

Re: Why "nutch plugin" says the plugin is "not present or inactive"?

tushar12123