YARN application start event

Alvaro Brandon
Hello everyone:

I was wondering if there is any way to capture the event of an application starting in YARN. The idea is to implement a Listener that every time a YARN application starts, will query the REST API to get the current memory and cores availables in the cluster. Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro

Re: YARN application start event

Sunil Govind
Hi Alvaro
I suspect YARN is not supporting to register any custom listeners from user end (for any events).
Through the REST api's, you could query and try to get the STATE of the application (http://{ip:port}/ws/v1/cluster/apps/{appid}) given the app id. If the app state is RUNNING, you can consider the application has started.

Thanks
Sunil

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM Alvaro Brandon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone:

I was wondering if there is any way to capture the event of an application starting in YARN. The idea is to implement a Listener that every time a YARN application starts, will query the REST API to get the current memory and cores availables in the cluster. Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro

unsubscribe

siscia
unsubscribe

Through the REST api's, you could query and try to get the STATE of the application (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://">http://{ip:port}/ws/v1/cluster/apps/{appid}) given the app id. If the app state is RUNNING, you can consider the application has started.