Your project website

Andrew Wetmore
Hi:

I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As you know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.

There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki page [2] on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping projects with this transition.

Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the migration.

Thank you!

[1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor

Re: Your project website

Sebastian Nagel
Hi Andrew,

> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS

Yes, we still use Apache CMS.

> who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the
> migration.

We first need to decide which CMS to use and find a volunteer who can do the migration.
We'll come back to you soon!

@committers:
- Are there any preferences regarding the new CMS?  Available options:
  * Github pages
  * Jekyll
  * Pelican
  (see the provide links)
- Anybody able to volunteer for this task?

Best,
Sebastian

On 8/5/20 2:39 PM, Andrew Wetmore wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As
> you know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.
>
> There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki
> page [2] on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping projects with this transition.
>
> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the
> migration.
>
> Thank you!
>

> [1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html
>
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS
>

> --
> Andrew Wetmore
> Technical Writer-Editor
> Infra
> *Apache Software Foundation*

Re: Your project website

Sebastian Nagel
Hi Andrew, hi all,

the discussion went partially to the private Nutch mailing list:

We've decided to use Hugo (3 votes in favor of Hugo by Jorge,
Shashanka Balakuntala, Sebastian).

@Andrew: Thanks again for the notice. In case we need support from INFRA,
we'll open Jira tickets.

All steps/tasks for the migration are tracked on Jira

Feel free to comment on the tasks or even to take over the work.
Thanks for your help!

Best,
Sebastian

On 8/11/20 1:17 PM, Sebastian Nagel wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS
>
> Yes, we still use Apache CMS.
>
>> who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the
>> migration.
>
> We first need to decide which CMS to use and find a volunteer who can do the migration.
> We'll come back to you soon!
>

> @committers:
> - Are there any preferences regarding the new CMS?  Available options:
>   * Github pages
>   * Jekyll
>   * Pelican
>   (see the provide links)
> - Anybody able to volunteer for this task?
>

> Best,
> Sebastian
>
> On 8/5/20 2:39 PM, Andrew Wetmore wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As
>> you know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.
>>
>> There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki
>> page [2] on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping projects with this transition.
>>
>> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the
>> migration.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> [1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html
>>
>> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS
>>

>> --
>> Andrew Wetmore
>> Technical Writer-Editor
>> Infra
>> *Apache Software Foundation*

Re: Your project website

Sebastian Nagel
Sorry, the correct Jira link is

On 9/16/20 12:47 PM, Sebastian Nagel wrote:

> Hi Andrew, hi all,
>
> the discussion went partially to the private Nutch mailing list:
>
> We've decided to use Hugo (3 votes in favor of Hugo by Jorge,
> Shashanka Balakuntala, Sebastian).
>
> @Andrew: Thanks again for the notice. In case we need support from INFRA,
> we'll open Jira tickets.
>
> All steps/tasks for the migration are tracked on Jira
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1858
>
> Feel free to comment on the tasks or even to take over the work.
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Best,
> Sebastian
>
> On 8/11/20 1:17 PM, Sebastian Nagel wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>>> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS
>>
>> Yes, we still use Apache CMS.
>>
>>> who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the
>>> migration.
>>
>> We first need to decide which CMS to use and find a volunteer who can do the migration.
>> We'll come back to you soon!
>>

>> @committers:
>> - Are there any preferences regarding the new CMS?  Available options:
>>   * Github pages
>>   * Jekyll
>>   * Pelican
>>   (see the provide links)
>> - Anybody able to volunteer for this task?
>>

>> Best,
>> Sebastian
>>
>> On 8/5/20 2:39 PM, Andrew Wetmore wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I am part of the Infrastructure team, and am writing to ask whether your project is still using the Apache CMS for your project website. As
>>> you know, the CMS is reaching end-of-life, and we need projects to move their websites onto a different option within the next few weeks.
>>>
>>> There are several alternatives available, including those listed on this page [1] on managing project websites. Infra is assembling a Wiki
>>> page [2] on migrating a website from the CMS, and is looking forward to helping projects with this transition.
>>>
>>> Please let me know whether your site is still on the Apache CMS and, if so, who will be the project point-of-contact with Infra for the
>>> migration.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>

>>> [1] https://infra.apache.org/project-site.html
>>>
>>> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Migrate+your+project+website+from+the+Apache+CMS
>>>

>>> --
>>> Andrew Wetmore
>>> Technical Writer-Editor
>>> Infra
>>> *Apache Software Foundation*

>>> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Your project website

Andrew Wetmore
This is good to know.

Since we are helping about 50 projects migrate, we will probably let you work on the tasks for your project to the point of getting stuck, rather than jumping in. Please let us know right away, though, if you do run into issues; and also give us the high-sign when we can delete Nutch artifacts on the CMS.

Andrew