Zipped folder indexing in Solr Cloud

Biswarup Roy
Hello,

I have a compressed folder (.zip) which contains the PDFs, TXTs, and XML
file.
I am trying to index that folder in Solr Cloud, but not being able to do
that.
I am using Solr 8.2.
Can you please help me on how I can index that zipped folder in Solr Cloud?
I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Re: Zipped folder indexing in Solr Cloud

Jörn Franke
You can unzip it before. Or am I overlooking something ?

> Am 05.11.2019 um 13:00 schrieb Biswarup Roy <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a compressed folder (.zip) which contains the PDFs, TXTs, and XML
> file.
> I am trying to index that folder in Solr Cloud, but not being able to do
> that.
> I am using Solr 8.2.
> Can you please help me on how I can index that zipped folder in Solr Cloud?
> I am eagerly waiting for your reply.
>
> Thanks & Regards,

Re: Zipped folder indexing in Solr Cloud

Erick Erickson
If Jörn’s suggestion doesn’t work for you, consider running Tika outside of Solr, here’s some explanation of why you probably want to do that for anything other than prototyping, and some sample code:

https://lucidworks.com/post/indexing-with-solrj/

Best,
Erick