addIndexesNoOptimize question

adb

addIndexesNoOptimize question

adb
The javadocs state

"This requires ... and the upper bound* of those segment doc counts not exceed
maxMergeDocs."

Can one of the gurus please explain what that means and what needs to be done to
find out whether an index being merged fits that criteria.

Thanks
Antony

Re: addIndexesNoOptimize question

Michael McCandless-2
This was an attempt on addIndexesNoOptimize's part to "respect" the
maxMergeDocs (which prevents large segments from being merged) you had
set on IndexWriter.

However, the check was too pedantic, and was removed as of 2.4, under
this issue:

Mike

adb

Re: addIndexesNoOptimize question

adb
Thanks Mike, I'm still on 2.3.1, so will upgrade soon.
Antony