auto-starting Solr on OS X ?

regany
hello!

does anyone know how you go about setting up Solr so it auto starts after a reboot etc on OS X?

thanks,

regan

Re: auto-starting Solr on OS X ?

Erick Erickson
See http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20041105070509783

In general, crontab is what you want, probably with the @Reboot
frequency....

HTH
Erick

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM, regany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello!
>
> does anyone know how you go about setting up Solr so it auto starts after a
> reboot etc on OS X?
>
> thanks,
>
> regan

Re: auto-starting Solr on OS X ?

kernity
Best way for you is LAUNCHD system.
You can found a good documentation and some example.

http://developer.apple.com/macosx/launchd.html

2009/12/12 Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>

> See http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20041105070509783
>
> In general, crontab is what you want, probably with the @Reboot
> frequency....
>
> HTH
> Erick
>
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM, regany <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > hello!
> >
> > does anyone know how you go about setting up Solr so it auto starts after
> > reboot etc on OS X?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > regan

Re: auto-starting Solr on OS X ?

Grant Ingersoll-2
I put Tomcat start script in /Library/StartupItems

On Dec 11, 2009, at 10:04 PM, regany wrote:

> hello!
>
> does anyone know how you go about setting up Solr so it auto starts after a
> reboot etc on OS X?
>
> thanks,
>
> regan

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search