broken links for javadocs (redirects pointed at old zone)

broken links for javadocs (redirects pointed at old zone)

hossman

Hey guys ... i thought fixing this would be easy, but there's clearly
something going on here i don't understand.

looking at these URLs...

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/developer-resources.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/index.html

...the both contain relatively links that look like...

...which when clicked resulting in URLs like...

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/contrib-highlighter/index.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/api/contrib-highlighter/index.html

...which both in turn result in 301 redirects to the exact same URL...

http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/javadoc//contrib-highlighter/index.html

...which doesn't work because of the hudson move.

I assumed these 301s were because of a .htaccess files containing rewrite
rules, and that it would be easy to fix them to point at the new hudson
instance, but aparently that's not true -- the only .htaccess files
i can find anywhere under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site or
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk only contain
"AddDefaultCharset off"

...so what is doing those redirects and how do we fix it?

Re: broken links for javadocs (redirects pointed at old zone)

Doug Cutting
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> the only .htaccess
> files i can find anywhere under
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site or
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk only contain
> "AddDefaultCharset off"

There are more:

 > find /www/lucene.apache.org/ -name .htaccess
/www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/.htaccess
/www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/api/.htaccess
/www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/.htaccess
/www/lucene.apache.org/.htaccess
/www/lucene.apache.org/solr/.htaccess

Dunno which is responsible...

Doug

Re: broken links for javadocs (redirects pointed at old zone)

Michael Busch
Doug Cutting wrote:
> /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/.htaccess
> /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/api/.htaccess

I just changed these to files to redirect to the new location:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/.

Should work in an hour or two.

-Michael

Michael Busch wrote:
> Doug Cutting wrote:
>> /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/.htaccess
>> /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/api/.htaccess
>
> I just changed these to files to redirect to the new location:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/.

Are these in subversion?  They should be.

Note that, it is often easier to maintain fewer .htaccess files higher
in the tree.  These redirects could both instead be in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess

Doug