can't add any records to index. Getting error below

can't add any records to index. Getting error below

Tim Archambault-2
I can delete documents, commit, but can't "add". Any help is greatly
appreciated. Tried to find a locked file in the "data" folder, but found
none. Seems to have something to do with indexWriter. Tried to reboot server
and still got the error.

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
SimpleFSLock@/tmp/lucene-81bc6f62705a81f78faa45284bde5048-write.lock
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:69)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:258)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:208)
        at org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexWriter.<init>(
SolrIndexWriter.java:66)
        at org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler.createMainIndexWriter(
UpdateHandler.java:119)
        at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.openWriter(
DirectUpdateHandler2.java:176)
        at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(
DirectUpdateHandler2.java:247)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.update(SolrCore.java:724)
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrUpdateServlet.doPost(
SolrUpdateServlet.java:53)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java
:428)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(
WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(
ServletHandler.java:568)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(
WebApplicationContext.java:633)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:820)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java
:986)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
        at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(
SocketListener.java:245)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Re: can't add any records to index. Getting error below

Brian Whitman
On Feb 9, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Tim Archambault wrote:

> I can delete documents, commit, but can't "add". Any help is greatly
> appreciated. Tried to find a locked file in the "data" folder, but
> found
> none. Seems to have something to do with indexWriter. Tried to
> reboot server
> and still got the error.
>
> SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
> SimpleFSLock@/tmp/lucene-81bc6f62705a81f78faa45284bde5048-write.lock
>        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:69)

The lock is in /tmp/ somewhere, not in the data folder. There's also
a setting in solrconfig.xml -- unlockOnStartup -- that can override
this.

Re: can't add any records to index. Getting error below

Tim Archambault-2
Worked like a charm. Changed solrconfig.xml