changing fileds name

anshuljohri-2
Hi,

I need to change the filed names in schema.xml eg. default names are id,sku,name,text etc. But i want to use my own name instead of these names. Lets say i use title, desc, sub, cat respectively. Than where i have to put my changes. I see that these default names are used in solrconfig.xml also at many places.

I tried a lot but couldn't do all the changes. Can anyone plz guide me. As i am new to Solr, plz help me.
Is there any separate tutorial for this which can guide me?

Thanks,
Anshul Johri

Re: changing fileds name

climbingrose
You would need to modify schema.xml to change these names.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:06 AM, anshuljohri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to change the filed names in schema.xml eg. default names are
> id,sku,name,text etc. But i want to use my own name instead of these names.
> Lets say i use title, desc, sub, cat respectively. Than where i have to put
> my changes. I see that these default names are used in solrconfig.xml also
> at many places.
>
> I tried a lot but couldn't do all the changes. Can anyone plz guide me. As
> am new to Solr, plz help me.
> Is there any separate tutorial for this which can guide me?
>
> Thanks,
> Anshul Johri

Cuong Hoang