copyField to a dynamic field

Paul Terray
Hi,

I know this is a complex one, but it help me to be able to make a dynamic
copy field, like:

   <copyField source="*_s" dest="*_t"/>

The goal is to have for each string index a tokenized one.

It does not seem possible at the moment, but will it be in the foreseeable
future?

Thanks anyway !

Paul Terray

Consultant Avant-Vente

SOLLAN

27, bis rue du Progr├Ęs
93100 Montreuil - France
Tel :  +33 (0)1 48 51 15 44
Fax : +33 (0)1 48 51 15 48
 <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]
 <http://www.sollan.com> www.sollan.com

STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL. This email may contain confidential and
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review
or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.

 <http://www.sollan.com/signature_mail/lien_signature.php> SOLLAN

Re: copyField to a dynamic field

Chris Hostetter-3

:
:    <copyField source="*_s" dest="*_t"/>

: The goal is to have for each string index a tokenized one.

: It does not seem possible at the moment, but will it be in the foreseeable
: future?

I assume you mean you are interested in supporting something like that
where whatever the "*" matches in the "source" is also matches in the
"target" right? ... I don't know ofanyone working on it right now, but
it's certainly something i can imagine might be implemented at some point
in the future .. it just needs someoen with enough interest in submitting
a patch :)

Re: copyField to a dynamic field

Mike Klaas
> :    <copyField source="*_s" dest="*_t"/>

> I assume you mean you are interested in supporting something like that
> where whatever the "*" matches in the "source" is also matches in the
> "target" right? ... I don't know ofanyone working on it right now, but
> it's certainly something i can imagine might be implemented at some point
> in the future .. it just needs someoen with enough interest in submitting
> a patch :)

It would probably be easier to support an arbitrary regexp:

<copyField regexp="s/(.*)_s/\1_t/" />
or
<copyField source="(.*)_s" dest="\1_t" />

-Mike