custom filter class on schema.xml on solrcloud

custom filter class on schema.xml on solrcloud

void
I have used a custom filter provided by a jar in schema.xml in standalone
Solr like below

<filter class="com.x.yFilterFactory"
stopWordDictionary="resources/yStopWords"/>

And for this,

I have loaded the jar in solrconfig.xml like below

<lib dir="./../plugins/" regex=".*\.jar" />

It's working fine But when I've tried to use it in solrcloud with external
zookeeper mode I've got an error 'IO exception' maybe for uploading a large
jar file in zookeeper.

I've also tried to put this jar in the lib folder of solr home but got error
'Plugin init failure'

After that, I've tried blob store api but the documentation says "Blob store
can only be used to dynamically load components configured in
solrconfig.xml. Components specified in schema.xml cannot be loaded from
blob store"

So, how can I use custom filter class in schema.xml in solrcloud mode with
external zookeeper configuration

Re: custom filter class on schema.xml on solrcloud

Erick Erickson
ZK as used by Solr defaults to a max of 1M file sizes specifically so
you _know_ when you are pushing large files around. You can change
that with setting jute.maxbuffer, see the ZooKeeper admin guide.

But if you put the jar file in the right place, it should have been
found. I did note that you put it in a different place than you
specified in sorlconfig.xml, but if it's in the classpath it should be
found.

Try starting Solr with the -v option, that'll show you where
everything is loaded from (or looked for). That may provide a clue.

Best,
Erick