data import handler - going deeper...

Marc Sturlese
Hey there,

After developing my own extends classes from sqlentityprocesor, jdbcdatasource and transformer I have my customized dataimporthandler almost working.
I have to reach one more goal.

In one hand I don't always have to index all the fields from my db row. For example fields from db that have null value don't have to be indexed. Checking the source code I see I could do that modifying the function addFields from the DocBuilder.java

In the other hand i need  to give boost to fields from a doc at indexing  time (set boost not to the whole doc but to a few fields). I see I can do that in the addFieldValue function of the DocBuilder.java.

The thing is I would like not to modify core classes but do some plug in.
Is there any way to apply those changes using plugins like I did with transformers or entityprocesors?

Thanks in advance

Re: data import handler - going deeper...

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
The extension points are well documented as Entityprocessor,
DataSource and Transformers

Adding fieldboost is a planned item.

It must work as follows .
Add a special value $fieldBoost.<fieldname> to the row map

And DocBuilder should respect that. You can raise a bug and we can
commit it soon.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Marc Sturlese <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> After developing my own extends classes from sqlentityprocesor,
> jdbcdatasource and transformer I have my customized dataimporthandler almost
> working.
> I have to reach one more goal.
>
> In one hand I don't always have to index all the fields from my db row. For
> example fields from db that have null value don't have to be indexed.
> Checking the source code I see I could do that modifying the function
> addFields from the DocBuilder.java

A transformer is the best place to achieve this

> In the other hand i need  to give boost to fields from a doc at indexing
> time (set boost not to the whole doc but to a few fields). I see I can do
> that in the addFieldValue function of the DocBuilder.java.
>
> The thing is I would like not to modify core classes but do some plug in.
> Is there any way to apply those changes using plugins like I did with
> transformers or entityprocesors?
>
> Thanks in advance

--Noble Paul