dataimporter.last_index_time not set for full-import query

dataimporter.last_index_time not set for full-import query

wojtekpia
I would like to use (abuse?) the dataimporter.last_index_time variable in my full-import query, but it looks like that variable is only set when running a delta-import.

My use case:
I'd like to use a stored procedure to manage how data is given to the DataImportHandler so I can gracefully handle failed imports. The stored procedure would take in the last successful data import time and decide which records should be returned.

I looked into using the delta-import functionality, but it didn't seem like the right fit for my need.

Any thoughts?