different handling of multiterm within a SpanNot Query in 5.3.1 vs 5.4.0?

different handling of multiterm within a SpanNot Query in 5.3.1 vs 5.4.0?

Allison, Timothy B.
Great to see 5.4.0 is out.

I tried to update my fork of LUCENE-5205, and found that multiterms within a SpanNotQuery don't seem to be processed correctly.

[fever bieb*]!~2,5

Find "fever" but not if a multiterm hit on bieb* appears within 2 words before or 5 words after.

In 5.3.1, this worked as expected.  With 5.4.0, this is now returning all test docs with fever in it, including the one with "bieber fever".  Is this a bug or do I have to do something new when I rewrite the query?

Happy to open an issue and submit a test case, but wanted to check that I wasn't misusing 5.4.0.

Thank you.

Cheers,

         Tim