disMax and field name

jlist9
Hi all,

Just want to confirm that when dismax request handler is used,
fields in "q" is not supported? I'm asking because this query
gives one result:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=id%3A2023706&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on
while this gives 0, the only difference being the qt argument in the
URL.
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=id%3A2023706&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&qt=dismax

Thanks
Jack

Re: disMax and field name

Erik Hatcher
q is supported by both request handlers, but dismax does not support
the same query syntax.  Check the Solr wiki for details on the syntax
for each request handler.   Specifically in your example, field
selection is not available (in that way) with dismax - field
searching is done differently with dismax, the query is spread across
the specified fields in the configuration or parameters.

        Erik