dismax - undefined field exception

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dismax - undefined field exception

Jon Drukman
whenever i try to use qt=dismax i get the following error:

Sep 22, 2008 11:50:48 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field cat
         at
org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.getDynamicFieldType(IndexSchema.java:1053)


i don't have any dynamic fields in my schema, and there is nothing named
'cat'.

my schema looks like this (minus the parts that came with the default
schema.xml):

  <fields>
    <field name="id" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />
    <field name="user_id" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="privacy" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="name" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="description" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="tags" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="email" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="location" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
    <field name="user_name" type="text_ws" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="date" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="type" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"/>
    <field name="type_id" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="thumb_url" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="domain" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
  </fields>

  <uniqueKey>type_id</uniqueKey>

  <defaultSearchField>name</defaultSearchField>


i thought i used to have this working but now i'm not so sure.

-jsd-

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dismax - undefined field exception

Sean Timm
Add echoParams=all to your URL and look for the "cat" field in one of
the passed parameters.  Specifically, in pf and qf.  These can be
defaulted in the solrconfig.xml file.

-Sean

Jon Drukman wrote:

> whenever i try to use qt=dismax i get the following error:
>
> Sep 22, 2008 11:50:48 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
> SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field cat
>         at
> org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.getDynamicFieldType(IndexSchema.java:1053)
>
>
>
> i don't have any dynamic fields in my schema, and there is nothing
> named 'cat'.
>
> my schema looks like this (minus the parts that came with the default
> schema.xml):
>
>  <fields>
>    <field name="id" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="true" />
>    <field name="user_id" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>    <field name="privacy" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>    <field name="name" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="description" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="tags" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="email" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="location" type="string" indexed="false" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="user_name" type="text_ws" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="date" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="type" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"/>
>    <field name="type_id" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="thumb_url" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>    <field name="domain" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>  </fields>
>
>  <uniqueKey>type_id</uniqueKey>
>
>  <defaultSearchField>name</defaultSearchField>
>
>
> i thought i used to have this working but now i'm not so sure.
>
> -jsd-
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dismax - undefined field exception

Jon Drukman
Sean Timm wrote:
> Add echoParams=all to your URL and look for the "cat" field in one of
> the passed parameters.  Specifically, in pf and qf.  These can be
> defaulted in the solrconfig.xml file.

i tried that but the exception prevents solr from returning anything.

but i did look in solrconfig.xml and i see what you're talking about.
looks like that was the ticket.  thanks!

-jsd-