document score modification on the fly?

Max Pfingsthorn
Hi!

I have a problem regarding the integration of a PageRank score to the existing TF.IDF based one provided by lucene. I already have a database with PageRank values, but where should I start integration? I have a pretty simple setup, only very few fields (all but two unstored). Can I use the HitCollector? Or do I have to extend Similarity? The thing is that I need to access one field in the doc to get the PageRank value out of the database...
By the way, efficiency is not an issue, this is more of a proof of concept.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

PS: I tried to look into Nutch for this, but I didn't recognize much from Lucene there...