excommunicating Ruby

Erik Hatcher
Because of the interest I'm seeing in solrb (would renaming it sol.rb
be bad?) and Flare, I see a need for us Rubyists to have our own
list.  We've had [hidden email] for a while now, but it
is a ghost town.  Let's revive it and use that list for sol.rb and
Flare discussions from now on, and it is open to any other Lucene
+Ruby combination folks would like to discuss, and hopefully some
Ferret/KinoSearch/Lucy discussions there too.

There will of course be those fuzzy topics that weigh on both sides
of the equation, but I can see a lot of detailed discussions on the
Ruby syntax against Solr, etc and that'd be noise to folks in other
environments.

To subscribe, send an email to [hidden email].

        Erik

Re: excommunicating Ruby

Yonik Seeley-2
Sounds like a fine idea to me!