fq pfloat_field:* returns no documents, tfloat:* does

fq pfloat_field:* returns no documents, tfloat:* does

Webster Homer
The fq   facet_melting_point:*
Returns 0 rows. However the field clearly has data in it, why does this query return rows where there is data

I am trying to update our solr schemas to use the point fields instead of the trie fields.

We have a number of pfloat fields. These fields are indexed and I can facet on them

This is a typical definition
<field name="facet_melting_point" type="pfloat" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false" multiValued="true" docValues="true"/>

Another odd behavior is that when I use the Schema Browser the "Load Term Info" loads no data.

I am using Solr 7.2
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith. Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: fq pfloat_field:* returns no documents, tfloat:* does

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
Hi Webster,
> The fq  facet_melting_point:*
"Point" numeric fields don't support that syntax currently, and the way to
retrieve "docs with any value in field foo" is "foo:[* TO *]". See

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 2:21 PM Webster Homer <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The fq   facet_melting_point:*
> Returns 0 rows. However the field clearly has data in it, why does this
> query return rows where there is data
>
> I am trying to update our solr schemas to use the point fields instead of
> the trie fields.
>
> We have a number of pfloat fields. These fields are indexed and I can
> facet on them
>
> This is a typical definition
> <field name="facet_melting_point" type="pfloat" indexed="true"
> stored="true" required="false" multiValued="true" docValues="true"/>
>
> Another odd behavior is that when I use the Schema Browser the "Load Term
> Info" loads no data.
>
> I am using Solr 7.2
> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
> you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
> any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
> from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
> message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
> resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
> any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
> not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
> therewith. Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the
> German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

RE: fq pfloat_field:* returns no documents, tfloat:* does

Webster Homer
Thank you. Why don't point fields get loaded by the Schema Browser's "Load Term Info" button?

> [...]

Re: fq pfloat_field:* returns no documents, tfloat:* does

Shawn Heisey-2
On 11/21/2019 7:48 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> Thank you. Why don't point fields get loaded by the Schema Browser's "Load Term Info" button?

 From what I've seen in the past on discussions, Point-based fields are
missing Term data.  There's literally nothing to load.

This is listed definitively as the reason that such fields can't be used
for uniqueKey.

Other things supported by evidence:  That point fields are very slow for
single-value lookups and really fast at range queries.  I do not know if
these are related to the missing Term data.

You would need to talk to an expert on Lucene to find out why all other
numeric field types were deprecated when points were brought into existence.

Thanks,
Shawn