getDiscriptor

Erik Hatcher
Another misspelling.... Extension.getDiscriptor/setDiscriptor.  Shall
I simply rename it or does it need to be deprecated for a while to
transition?

     Erik

Re: getDiscriptor

Erik Hatcher
And also PluginRepository.dependencyIsAvailabel - rename, or
deprecate and correct?

On Jul 21, 2005, at 1:56 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Another misspelling.... Extension.getDiscriptor/setDiscriptor.
> Shall I simply rename it or does it need to be deprecated for a
> while to transition?
>
>     Erik

Re: getDiscriptor

Jérôme Charron
> And also PluginRepository.dependencyIsAvailabel - rename, or
> deprecate and correct?

Erik, what a good code reviewer you are!
You know what I think about deprecated methods (If the probability to be
used outside of Nutch, then must be deprecated, if the impact is only on
nutch internal code, no needs to deprecate)
;)

Jerome

http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: getDiscriptor

Andy Liu-3
Deprecating them won't hurt, especially for those creating custom
extension points and using the mispelled method names.

On 7/21/05, Jérôme Charron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > And also PluginRepository.dependencyIsAvailabel - rename, or
> > deprecate and correct?
>
> Erik, what a good code reviewer you are!
> You know what I think about deprecated methods (If the probability to be
> used outside of Nutch, then must be deprecated, if the impact is only on
> nutch internal code, no needs to deprecate)
> ;)
>
> Jerome
>
> --
> http://motrech.free.fr/
> http://www.frutch.org/

Re: getDiscriptor

Erik Hatcher

On Jul 21, 2005, at 4:02 PM, Jérôme Charron wrote:

>> And also PluginRepository.dependencyIsAvailabel - rename, or
>> deprecate and correct?
>>

> Erik, what a good code reviewer you are!
> You know what I think about deprecated methods (If the probability
> to be
> used outside of Nutch, then must be deprecated, if the impact is
> only on
> nutch internal code, no needs to deprecate)
> ;)

But I'm not familiar enough, yet, to know what would be internal or
used externally.  I'll go ahead and deprecate, but we should remove
the deprecated methods before a 1.0 release.

     Erik