hadoop-snappy

Marco Didonna
Hello,
as you may know google has recently open sourced their super-fast
compression/decompression library[1]. Someone [2] has managed to "port"
the whole thing to hadoop as a codec. I wonder if it supports splitting
and how it performs...anyone willing to share their opinion?

MD

[1]http://code.google.com/p/snappy/
[2]http://code.google.com/p/hadoop-snappy/

Re: hadoop-snappy

Harsh J
Here's the link to filed issue ticket that tracks this as well, for
reference: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7206

--
Harsh J
http://harshj.com