help with boost

Jean-Christophe Alleman

Hi everybody !

I have a problem wiyh boost. I found this on the wiki : http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample
But I don't understand everything.

1) What's the [Source_Here] in recommended/src/java/org/apache/nutch/parse/recommended/[Source_Here] ? Is it the two xml files created before ? I know that recommended is the name of my plugin and that I have to create the other directories but don't know what's Source_Here is...
2) What's the HTML Parser Extension ? Is it the one which already created in .../src/plugin/parse-html ? Have I to add code in it or have I to create a new java file ?
3) What's the indexer extension ? I don't find anything about it... Have I to create a new java file indexer.java ? In this case in which directory have I to put it ?
4) Where can I find the queryfilter ?

I explain what I want to do with the boost. So in my META TAG's document, there is one looks like :
<META NAME="PopRank" CONTENT="100">When the value is equal to 0, it means that the document must not be in the first results. On the contrary, when the value is high, the document must be in the first result.

So what I have understood :
In each document I want to index, there is a META TAG :
<META NAME="PopRank" CONTENT="100">
This meta tag replace <meta name="recommended" content="plugins" /> of the tutorial on the wiki.
In the /nutch/src/plugin/ I create a directory called PopRank. In this directory I put the two files : plugin.xml and build.xml. I create the other directories and at this point I don't understand what I have to do. Exept that I have to edit the two xml files and changing the "recommended" by "PopRank". Next it's what I explain above. I don't know what to create/edit...

I hope the explanations were clear ! Please help me with this. I really need it ! I'm a new user of Nutch and I find this Search Engine very powerful !

Thank's in advance !

Jisay

Windows Live: une foule de solutions orginales pour partager vos souvenirs !
http://get.live.com

Re: help with boost

Jasper Kamperman
You're looking at the documentation for an ancient version (nutch
0.7). Here is the documentation for the latest (nutch 0.9):

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample-0.9

Jasper