help with release notes

Robert Muir
Hello: I created drafts for the 4.0-alpha release notes:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote40alpha and
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote40alpha

The lucene ones i did a while ago... there is an overwhelming number
of changes and trying to summarize the biggest ones is pretty
challenging. Can someone help me with the solr one?

I think we at least want to make sure the biggest things are in there
(e.g. NRT, distributed indexing, etc)

(Also review the lucene one and look for typos or problems if you have time!)

--
lucidimagination.com

Re: help with release notes

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello: I created drafts for the 4.0-alpha release notes:
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote40alpha and
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote40alpha
>
> The lucene ones i did a while ago... there is an overwhelming number
> of changes and trying to summarize the biggest ones is pretty
> challenging. Can someone help me with the solr one?

I'll take a crack at it today

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com

Re: help with release notes

Michael McCandless-2
I took a crack at the Lucene release notes: we got a lot done for 4.0!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello: I created drafts for the 4.0-alpha release notes:
> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote40alpha and
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote40alpha
>
> The lucene ones i did a while ago... there is an overwhelming number
> of changes and trying to summarize the biggest ones is pretty
> challenging. Can someone help me with the solr one?
>
> I think we at least want to make sure the biggest things are in there
> (e.g. NRT, distributed indexing, etc)
>
> (Also review the lucene one and look for typos or problems if you have time!)
>
> --
> lucidimagination.com

Re: help with release notes

Robert Muir
thanks guys. later tonight i will start working on uploading artifacts
/ some website stuff (except the main page, i'm afraid of buildbot!)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Yonik Seeley
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Robert Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello: I created drafts for the 4.0-alpha release notes:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote40alpha and
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote40alpha
>>
>> The lucene ones i did a while ago... there is an overwhelming number
>> of changes and trying to summarize the biggest ones is pretty
>> challenging. Can someone help me with the solr one?
>
> I'll take a crack at it today
>
> -Yonik
> http://lucidimagination.com

lucidimagination.com