hi question about solr

eli chen
hi im kind of new to solr so please be patient

i'll try to explain what do i need and what im trying to do.

we a have a lot of books content and we want to index them and allow search
in the books.
when someone search for a term
i need to get back the position of matchen word in the book
for example
if the book content is "hello my name is jeff" and someone search for "my".
i want to get back the position of my in the content field (which is 1 in
this case)
i tried to do that with payloads but no success. and another problem i
encourage is .
lets say the content field is "hello my name is jeff what is your name".
now if someone search for "name" i want to get back the index of all
occurrences not just the first one

is there any way to that with solr without develop new plugins

thx

Re: hi question about solr

Bernd Fehling
In short,

you are trying to use an indexer as a full-text search engine, right?

Regards
Bernd

Am 02.12.19 um 12:24 schrieb eli chen:

> hi im kind of new to solr so please be patient
>
> i'll try to explain what do i need and what im trying to do.
>
> we a have a lot of books content and we want to index them and allow search
> in the books.
> when someone search for a term
> i need to get back the position of matchen word in the book
> for example
> if the book content is "hello my name is jeff" and someone search for "my".
> i want to get back the position of my in the content field (which is 1 in
> this case)
> i tried to do that with payloads but no success. and another problem i
> encourage is .
> lets say the content field is "hello my name is jeff what is your name".
> now if someone search for "name" i want to get back the index of all
> occurrences not just the first one
>
> is there any way to that with solr without develop new plugins
>
> thx

Re: hi question about solr

eli chen
yes

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 13:29, Bernd Fehling <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> In short,
>
> you are trying to use an indexer as a full-text search engine, right?
>
> Regards
> Bernd
>
> Am 02.12.19 um 12:24 schrieb eli chen:
> > hi im kind of new to solr so please be patient
> >
> > i'll try to explain what do i need and what im trying to do.
> >
> > we a have a lot of books content and we want to index them and allow
> search
> > in the books.
> > when someone search for a term
> > i need to get back the position of matchen word in the book
> > for example
> > if the book content is "hello my name is jeff" and someone search for
> "my".
> > i want to get back the position of my in the content field (which is 1 in
> > this case)
> > i tried to do that with payloads but no success. and another problem i
> > encourage is .
> > lets say the content field is "hello my name is jeff what is your name".
> > now if someone search for "name" i want to get back the index of all
> > occurrences not just the first one
> >
> > is there any way to that with solr without develop new plugins
> >
> > thx

Re: hi question about solr

Charlie Hull-3

https://livebook.manning.com/book/solr-in-action/chapter-3 may help (I'd
suggest reading the whole book as well).

Basically what you're looking for is the 'term position'. The
TermVectorComponent in Solr will allow you to return this for each result.

Cheers

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: hi question about solr

eli chen
first of all thank you very much. i was looking for good resource to read
on solr.

i actually already tried the term vector. but for it to work i had to set
the fl=content which response with the value of content field (which really
really big)

Re: hi question about solr

Paras Lehana
Hi Bernd,

Have you gone through Highlighting
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/highlighting.html>?

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 17:00, eli chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes
>
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 13:29, Bernd Fehling <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > In short,
> >
> > you are trying to use an indexer as a full-text search engine, right?
> >
> > Regards
> > Bernd
> >
> > Am 02.12.19 um 12:24 schrieb eli chen:
> > > hi im kind of new to solr so please be patient
> > >
> > > i'll try to explain what do i need and what im trying to do.
> > >
> > > we a have a lot of books content and we want to index them and allow
> > search
> > > in the books.
> > > when someone search for a term
> > > i need to get back the position of matchen word in the book
> > > for example
> > > if the book content is "hello my name is jeff" and someone search for
> > "my".
> > > i want to get back the position of my in the content field (which is 1
> in
> > > this case)
> > > i tried to do that with payloads but no success. and another problem i
> > > encourage is .
> > > lets say the content field is "hello my name is jeff what is your
> name".
> > > now if someone search for "name" i want to get back the index of all
> > > occurrences not just the first one
> > >
> > > is there any way to that with solr without develop new plugins
> > >
> > > thx

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
*
*

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: hi question about solr

Bernd Fehling
No, I don't use any highlighting.

Am 03.12.19 um 12:28 schrieb Paras Lehana:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> Have you gone through Highlighting
> <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/highlighting.html>?
>
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 17:00, eli chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> yes
>>
>> On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 at 13:29, Bernd Fehling <[hidden email]
>>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In short,
>>>
>>> you are trying to use an indexer as a full-text search engine, right?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Bernd

>>> search
>>> "my".
>> in
>> name".

Re: hi question about solr

Paras Lehana
That's not my question. It's a suggestion. I was asking if Highlighting
could fulfill your requirement?