hierarchical synonym

cmd

hierarchical synonym

cmd
if solr support hierarchical synonym
for example:
animal->
  dog
  cat
  bird

use animal as query term and the result set should be contains animal,dog,cat,bird
use dog as query term and the result set should be only contains dog rather than other words

thanks.

Re: hierarchical synonym

pravesh
If I understood correctly, this seems you are wanting facets/hierarchical facets.

Regds
Pravesh

Re: hierarchical synonym

Lukáš Vlček

I think what you are looking for are synonym rules like this:

dog, cat, bird => animal

I think the following link can be interesting to you as well:
http://wisdombase.net/wiki/index.php?title=Hiearchy_synonym_search_solution_in_solr

I am not a Solr expert but speaking about Lucene synonyms it is also
possible to use synonyms in Wordnet format, and it is possible to describe
hierarchical synonyms in Wordnet, but unfortunately, this feature is not
currently supported by Lucene Wordnet code (as far as I understand).

Regards,
Lukas