how to get the autocomplete feature in solr 1.4?

how to get the autocomplete feature in solr 1.4?

muralie39
hi,

how to get the autocomplete/autosuggest feature in the solr1.4.plz give me the code also...

Re: how to get the autocomplete feature in solr 1.4?

hossman

: how to get the autocomplete/autosuggest feature in the solr1.4.plz give me
: the code also...

there is no magical "one size fits all" solution for autocomplete in solr.
if you look at the archives there have been lots of discussions about
differnet ways ot get auto complete functionality, using things like the
TermsComponent, or the LukeRequest handler, and there are lots of examples
of using the SolrJS javascript functionality to populate an autocomplete
box -- but you'll have to figure out what solution works best for your
goals.

: --
: Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

Re: how to get the autocomplete feature in solr 1.4?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : how to get the autocomplete/autosuggest feature in the solr1.4.plz give me
> : the code also...
>
> there is no magical "one size fits all" solution for autocomplete in solr.
> if you look at the archives there have been lots of discussions about
> differnet ways ot get auto complete functionality, using things like the
> TermsComponent, or the LukeRequest handler, and there are lots of examples
> of using the SolrJS javascript functionality to populate an autocomplete
> box -- but you'll have to figure out what solution works best for your
> goals.

Also, take a look at SOLR-1316, there are patches there that implement
such component using prefix trees.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><