http error

Jeff McCormick
I'm getting the following error when I try and hit the admin console:

HTTP ERROR: 500

dr01142: dr01142

RequestURI=/solr/admin/stats.jsp

Powered by Jetty://

has anyone seen this error before?  The queries to this server seem to work
just fine, only the admin console is not working.
Jeff McCormick

Re: http error

Yonik Seeley-2
On 9/21/06, Jeff McCormick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm getting the following error when I try and hit the admin console:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 500
>
> dr01142: dr01142
>
> RequestURI=/solr/admin/stats.jsp
>
> Powered by Jetty://
>
> has anyone seen this error before?  The queries to this server seem to work
> just fine, only the admin console is not working.

I haven't seen that problem.
If you are using the bundled version of Jetty, try making sure that
the JVM you are starting it with is from a JDK and not a JRE (javac is
needed to compile the JSPs).

Re: http error

Jeff McCormick
This error was caused by my machine's
hostname being changed by DHCP and it not resolving to localhost!  Apparently
for JSPs, Jetty requires some kind of hostname resolution, so
if it won't resolve, you get a nice HTTP 500 error with this
rather vague error message.

cheers

--
Jeff McCormick