i think it is time to release new solr version

i think it is time to release new solr version

James liu-2
because lucene 2.3.0 today released..

regards
j.L

Re: i think it is time to release new solr version

Sergey Polzunov-2
+ 1
Looking forward to get new release version :)

Best regards,
Traut

Re: i think it is time to release new solr version

Matthew Runo
If you would like to work with Lucene 2.3.0, it's been updated in SVN.
I've been using the SVN head version for a while, and it's quite
stable (only thing is conf files and apis change from time to time).

You can get the latest by doing..

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk solr
cd solr
ant dist

Thanks!

Matthew Runo
Software Developer
Zappos.com
702.943.7833

On Jan 28, 2008, at 8:06 AM, Traut wrote:

> + 1
> Looking forward to get new release version :)
>
> On Jan 28, 2008 6:01 AM, j. L <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> because lucene 2.3.0 today released..
>>

>> --
>> regards
>> j.L
>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Traut

Re: i think it is time to release new solr version

hossman

: because lucene 2.3.0 today released..

It doesn't really work that way.

The Development version of Solr has alreayd been upgradd to Lucene 2.3.0,
but there is other code in Solr ... the Solr code :) ... and it's not
currently in what i would consider in a "releasable" state at the moment.

It's very functionaly and fairly stable, but there is a lot of churn going
on with new features like MultiCore support; in addition some APIs
for plugin developers and APIs that are being reused in both the Solr
internals and the SolrJ client need to be finalized.

For people who are interested in the specifics of what the Solr committers
feel needs to be done, there is a Solr1.3 wiki tracking broader issues, as
well the list of UNRESOLVED issues marked to be fixed in 1.3 in Jira...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr1.3
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseVersion.jspa?id=12310230&versionId=12312486&showOpenIssuesOnly=true

Generally speaking discussions about release planning tend to happen on
the solr-dev list for those who are interested.

-Hoss