i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

12

i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
which files i should change from source?

and if i change ok.

how to compile? just ant dist?

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Nick Jenkin-2
Hi James
I think you would be better of outputting an PHP array, and running
eval() over it, the PHP serialize format is quite complicated.

On that note, you might be interested in:
-Nick

On 6/25/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> which files i should change from source?
>
> and if i change ok.
>
> how to compile? just ant dist?
>
> --
> regards
> jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
aha,,it seems good, how can i fix it with my solr, i don't know how do with
it

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
I means how to add it to my solr(1.2 production)

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
i use stupid way just to create file by your patch. and compile is ok

when i test it and start tomcat,,,i can see solr admin interface.

but when i search something.. it show me

2007-6-25 15:15:37 org.apache.solr.core.SolrException log
严重: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/solr/search/ScorePriorityQueue
    at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListNC(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:886)
    at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:805)
    at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocList(
SolrIndexSearcher.java:698)
    at org.apache.solr.request.StandardRequestHandler.handleRequestBody(
StandardRequestHandler.java:122)
    at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(
RequestHandlerBase.java:77)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:658)
    at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet.doGet(SolrServlet.java:66)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(
SolrDispatchFilter.java:185)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
StandardWrapperValve.java:228)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(
ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
CoyoteAdapter.java:216)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:844)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
Http11Protocol.java:634)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java
:445)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i find ScorePriorityQueue in SolrIndexSearcher, and i no change it.

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

mgkimsal
My experience tells me that serializing/unserializing tends to be faster
than eval(), especially on larger arrays.  I've looked at the code, trying
to put together a PHP serialized array output type, but haven't had success
doing it yet.  If I do, it'll be contributed back, but until someone does
that version, the way Nick suggests is probably the only option.

Michael Kimsal
http://webdevradio.com

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Tristan Vittorio
I am also looking for a PHP response writer that outputs serialized PHP
code, I've taken a look at
SOLR-196<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-196>but it's not
quite what I need.  Unless anyone else has started implementing
one, I will see if I can modify Paul's patch to do the task.

cheers,
Tristan

On 6/25/07, Michael Kimsal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My experience tells me that serializing/unserializing tends to be faster
> than eval(), especially on larger arrays.  I've looked at the code, trying
> to put together a PHP serialized array output type, but haven't had
> success
> doing it yet.  If I do, it'll be contributed back, but until someone does
> that version, the way Nick suggests is probably the only option.
>

> On 6/25/07, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi James
> > I think you would be better of outputting an PHP array, and running
> > eval() over it, the PHP serialize format is quite complicated.
> >
> > On that note, you might be interested in:
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-196
> > -Nick
> >
> > On 6/25/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > which files i should change from source?
> > >
> > > and if i change ok.
> > >
> > > how to compile? just ant dist?
> > >
> > > --
> > > regards
> > > jl
> > >

> --
> Michael Kimsal
> http://webdevradio.com

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Nick Jenkin-2
I am also quite interested in getting a serialized PHP array response
writer, after some investigation it doesn't seem as difficult as I
first thought, I will have a try at implementing this when I get some
time, the format of the array would probably end up being the same as
if you were to use json_decode.
-Nick

On 6/26/07, Tristan Vittorio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am also looking for a PHP response writer that outputs serialized PHP
> code, I've taken a look at
> SOLR-196<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-196>but it's not
> quite what I need.  Unless anyone else has started implementing
> one, I will see if I can modify Paul's patch to do the task.
>
> cheers,
> Tristan
>

> On 6/25/07, Michael Kimsal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > My experience tells me that serializing/unserializing tends to be faster
> > than eval(), especially on larger arrays.  I've looked at the code, trying
> > to put together a PHP serialized array output type, but haven't had
> > success
> > doing it yet.  If I do, it'll be contributed back, but until someone does
> > that version, the way Nick suggests is probably the only option.
> >

> > On 6/25/07, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi James
> > > I think you would be better of outputting an PHP array, and running
> > > eval() over it, the PHP serialize format is quite complicated.
> > >
> > > On that note, you might be interested in:
> > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-196
> > > -Nick

> > --
> > Michael Kimsal
> > http://webdevradio.com

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
I think it simple to u.

so i wait for ur good news.

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Nick Jenkin-2
I have some good news :o)

Please let me know if you find any bugs
Thanks
-Nick

On 6/26/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it simple to u.
>
> so i wait for ur good news.
>
> 2007/6/26, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > I am also quite interested in getting a serialized PHP array response
> > writer, after some investigation it doesn't seem as difficult as I
> > first thought, I will have a try at implementing this when I get some
> > time, the format of the array would probably end up being the same as
> > if you were to use json_decode.
> > -Nick
> >
> > On 6/26/07, Tristan Vittorio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I am also looking for a PHP response writer that outputs serialized PHP
> > > code, I've taken a look at
> > > SOLR-196<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-196>but it's not
> > > quite what I need.  Unless anyone else has started implementing
> > > one, I will see if I can modify Paul's patch to do the task.
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > > Tristan

> > faster
> > trying
> > does

> --
> regards
> jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
i just cp it to src\java\org\apache\solr\request and ant dist...i think
maybe my method is wrong.

same error infromation...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/solr/search/ScorePriorityQueue
        at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListNC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:886)
        at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:805)
        at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocList(SolrIndexSearcher.java:698)
        at org.apache.solr.request.StandardRequestHandler.handleRequestBody(StandardRequestHandler.java:122)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:77)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:658)
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrServlet.doGet(SolrServlet.java:66)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:185)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Nick Jenkin-2
Interesting, what version of solr are you using, I tested on 1.2.
> [...]

>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> 2007/6/26, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > I have some good news :o)
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-275
> >
> > Please let me know if you find any bugs
> > Thanks
> > -Nick
> >
> > On 6/26/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I think it simple to u.
> > >
> > > so i wait for ur good news.

> > PHP

> > code,
> > had
> > someone

> > running

> > > --
> > > regards
> > > jl
> > >

> --
> regards
> jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Hey James,
The error you posted is the same you posted above in a previous email,
could it be something else?
-Nick
On 6/26/07, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
> >         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:634)
> >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:445)
> >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> >

> > 2007/6/26, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]>:
> > >
> > > I have some good news :o)
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-275
> > >
> > > Please let me know if you find any bugs
> > > Thanks
> > > -Nick

> > > PHP

> > > code,
> > > had
> > > someone

> > > running

> > --
> > regards
> > jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Thanks Nick for you original version of the PHPResponseWriter class, I've
submitted an updated version of your class
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-275 which compiles in the current
svn trunk and fixed a small bug when "score" is not included in the return
field list.

cheers,
Tristan

> [...]

> > >         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
> Http11Protocol.java:634)
> > >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(
> JIoEndpoint.java:445)
> > >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

> response
> some
> same as

> serialized
> it's not
> implementing

> to be
> the
> haven't
> option.

> and
> complicated.

> > > --
> > > regards
> > > jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Yes, i use 1.2,,,,my compile method:
download solr 1.2 and modify file by your patch.

use `ant dist` to compile it. no error show.

i can see its admin gui, but i wanna try search, it will show me the error
information,

Is my compile method right? if not, show me how to compile it.

it seems very strange ,only me fail? anyone have same question?

if free, maybe u zip your solr to me by mail...and i try it again.

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Nick Jenkin-2
If you are using the example provided in 1.2 (using jetty) you need to
use "ant example"
rather than "ant dist"

-Nick

On 6/27/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > >         at
> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
> > Http11Protocol.java:634)
> > >         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(
> > JIoEndpoint.java:445)
> > >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

> > response
> > some
> > as

> > serialized
> > not

> > be
> > haven't
> > option.

> > complicated.

> > > --
> > > regards
> > > jl
> > >

> --
> regards
> jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

i use tomcat ,, send ur solr version to me...i try it again..

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

Nick Jenkin-2
http://nickjenkin.com/misc/apache-solr-1.2.0-php-serialize.tar.gz

Try that
-Nick

On 6/27/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i use tomcat ,, send ur solr version to me...i try it again..
>
> 2007/6/27, Nick Jenkin <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > If you are using the example provided in 1.2 (using jetty) you need to
> > use "ant example"
> > rather than "ant dist"
> >
> > -Nick
> >
> > On 6/27/07, James liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Yes, i use 1.2,,,,my compile method:
> > > download solr 1.2 and modify file by your patch.
> > >
> > > use `ant dist` to compile it. no error show.
> > >
> > > i can see its admin gui, but i wanna try search, it will show me the
> > error
> > > information,
> > >
> > > Is my compile method right? if not, show me how to compile it.
> > >
> > > it seems very strange ,only me fail? anyone have same question?
> > >
> > > if free, maybe u zip your solr to me by mail...and i try it again.

> > think

> > SolrServlet.java
> > :690)
> > :803)
> > > >
> > org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(

> > as I
> > get
> > same

> > it's
> > implementing

> > tends to
> > the
> > until

> > and

> > > --
> > > regards
> > > jl
> > >

> --
> regards
> jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
ok,,thks nick,,,i just forget replace jar file..

wait a minute i will test speed...

regards
jl

Re: i wanna change response type to PHP serialize

James liu-2
It is slower than json and xml,,,and it will change my content into ???

when i use json , content is ok.

afternoon, iwill read ur code.

--
regards