index become bigger and the only way seems to add hardware, another way?

index become bigger and the only way seems to add hardware, another way?

James liu-2
i just wanna know is it exist which can decrease index size,,not by
increasing hardware or optimizing lucene params.

regards
jl

Re: index become bigger and the only way seems to add hardware, another way?

Otis Gospodnetic-2
Here are some ways:

Index less data, store fewer fields and less data, compress fields,
change Lucene's the term index interval (default 128; increasing it
will make your index a little bit smaller, but will slow down
queries)... But in general, the more your index the more hw you'll
need.  I saw 1TB disks for ~$300 USD the other day.  You are in China
and this stuff is even cheaper there.

Otis

--

Lucene - Solr - Nutch - Consulting -- http://sematext.com/

Re: index become bigger and the only way seems to add hardware, another way?

James liu-2
i did what u said, but it not fix my problem.

so i wanna try to find another way.

--
regards
jl