index-more: can't parse erroneous date

Stefan Groschupf-2

Hi,
my log file is full with this message from index more plugin:
... can't parse erroneous date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:31:41GMT
Why the time format is: EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss yyyy zzz ? Is the comma
just missed?
BTW, it would be much faster to  create the dateformat object just
one time and than reuse it.

Stefan

RE: index-more: can't parse erroneous date

Nick Lothian

> Hi,
> my log file is full with this message from index more plugin:
> ... can't parse erroneous date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:31:41GMT
> Why the time format is: EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss yyyy zzz ? Is the
> comma just missed?
> BTW, it would be much faster to  create the dateformat object
> just one time and than reuse it.
>
> Stefan

DateFormat object (I'm assuming java.text.SimpleDateFormat?) aren't
threadsafe. It is almost always potentially buggy to reuse a
SimpleDateFormat object.

Nick

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information. If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its contents to any other party.
This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not necessarily reflect those of education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.
It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it for viruses or any other defects.
education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.