index ratio

Miguel Costa
Hi,

I would like to know the ratio between (index size)/(collection size) for
collections larger than 1 TB.
My objective is to have all the index in memory, so having I x GB of memory,
what is the maximum size of a collection I can index?
Anyone can give me some numbers from your indexations ?

Miguel Costa

Re: index ratio

Dennis Kubes-2
It is ~1M = 1.5G Ram for just the index (not segments, linkdb, etc.)  So
for a 4G Ram box you can fit ~2M pages, an 8G box = ~4.5M pages.  That
being said it all depends on the amount of content you index per page
(max content size).

Dennis