index/search per user urls

rubenll
Hello, I´m a little "lost". I would like to index users urls and search in results in a per user  basic. A user search in his own url results.

IS there any plugin or configuration?. How can I Insert a new field in the index in crawl time?

regards
Rub

Re: index/search per user urls

Sagar Naik-2
Hey,

Pl have a look at the reduce function in Indexer class. This cud be
place to add the user in the index.
The user name could be stored in CrawlDatum (during the injector phase)

U wud also need a query plugin to handle the "user" element in the
query. Pl have a look at query-basic or query-more plugin

Hope this helps ;)

- Sagar

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Re: index/search per user urls

rubenll
thanks a lot.

But, How can I add user for each url in the indexing phase.

Sagar Naik-2 wrote

rubenll wrote:
> Hello, I´m a little "lost". I would like to index users urls and search in
> results in a per user  basic. A user search in his own url results.
>
> IS there any plugin or configuration?. How can I Insert a new field in the
> index in crawl time?
>
> regards
> Rub

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

RE: index/search per user urls

Vishal Shah-3
Hi Sagar,

  If index size is not a major consideration, you could actually create one
document per user-url pair.

  So, if 50 users have the same url in their search, you would have 50
different documents added to your lucene index. Of course, depending on your
use case, this might bloat up the index considerably.

You can create an indexing plugin (like index-more) to index the user field
and create a searching plugin (like query-more) to search on this field.

Hope this helps :)

-vishal.

Sagar Naik-2 wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Pl have a look at the reduce function in Indexer class. This cud be
> place to add the user in the index.
> The user name could be stored in CrawlDatum (during the injector phase)
>
> U wud also need a query plugin to handle the "user" element in the
> query. Pl have a look at query-basic or query-more plugin
>
> Hope this helps ;)
>
> - Sagar
>
> rubenll wrote:
>> Hello, I´m a little "lost". I would like to index users urls and search
>> in
>> results in a per user  basic. A user search in his own url results.
>>
>> IS there any plugin or configuration?. How can I Insert a new field in
>> the
>> index in crawl time?
>>
>> regards
>> Rub

> dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

RE: index/search per user urls

rubenll
Thanks everyone. All options are not very good for me but very usefull.
we need to modify a lot nutch in order to add "little-search-engine" for our users. Perhaps our option is 1 index per user with lucene and a hand made crawler.

Rub

Vishal Shah-3 wrote