indexing problem

Urvashi Gadi-2
Hi All,

i m trying to index my data using post.jar and i get the following error

<title>Error 500 </title>
</head>

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name and value cannot both be empty
        at org.apache.lucene.document.Field.&lt;init&gt;(Field.java:197)

the only required field in my schema is identifier (i started with the
default schema.xml and made my changes on that)

How do i debug this? Is there a better way to index data?

Best regards,

Urvashi

Re: indexing problem

Erik Hatcher
What is the XML you POSTed into Solr?

It looks like somehow you've sent in a field with no name or value,
though this is an error that probably should be caught higher up in
Solr.

        Erik

On Oct 9, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Urvashi Gadi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> i m trying to index my data using post.jar and i get the following
> error
>

> <title>Error 500 </title>
> </head>
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name and value cannot both be
> empty
>         at org.apache.lucene.document.Field.&lt;init&gt;(Field.java:
> 197)
>

> the only required field in my schema is identifier (i started with the
> default schema.xml and made my changes on that)
>
> How do i debug this? Is there a better way to index data?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Urvashi

Re: indexing problem

Urvashi Gadi-2
is there a way to find out the line number in the xml file? the xml file i m
using is quite large.

On 10/9/07, Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the XML you POSTed into Solr?
>
> It looks like somehow you've sent in a field with no name or value,
> though this is an error that probably should be caught higher up in
> Solr.
>
>        Erik
>

> On Oct 9, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Urvashi Gadi wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > i m trying to index my data using post.jar and i get the following
> > error
> >

> > <title>Error 500 </title>
> > </head>
> >
> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name and value cannot both be
> > empty
> >         at org.apache.lucene.document.Field.&lt;init&gt;(Field.java:
> > 197)
> >

> > the only required field in my schema is identifier (i started with the
> > default schema.xml and made my changes on that)
> >
> > How do i debug this? Is there a better way to index data?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Urvashi

Re: indexing problem

Erik Hatcher
Does all your XML look like this sample here - http://wiki.apache.org/
solr/UpdateXmlMessages ??

Are you sending in any <field> elements without a name attribute or
with a blank value?

        Erik