indexing slow in solr 8.0.0

derrick cui-2
Hi,
I am facing an problem now. I just moved my solr cloud from one environment to another one, but performance is extremely slow in the new servers. the  only difference is CPU. also I just copy my whole solr folder from old env to new env and changed the configuration file.
before:hardware: three servers: 8 core cpu, mem 32G, ssd:300Gindexing 400k only needs 5 minutescollection: 3 shareds/2 replicas/3 nodes
now:hardware: three servers: 4 core cpu, mem 32G, ssd:300G
indexing 400k, less than 10000 documents per minutes
collection: 3 shareds/2 replicas/3 nodes

anyone what could cause the issue? thanks advance

Re: indexing slow in solr 8.0.0

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
You reduce cpu in half and see slower indexing. That is to be expected. But you fail to tell us any real details about your setup, your docs, how you index, how you measure throughput, what your bottleneck is etc.

Also note that you get better throughput when indexing for the first time than if you re-index on top of an existing index.

Jan