java 1.4 versus 1.5

Owen O'Malley-5
Java 1.5 has been out for a couple of years now and has some nice
improvements in the libraries. In particular, I wish I had access to
the timeout settings on UrlConnections. Would anyone object if starting
with the 0.3 release this week, we required java 1.5 to compile and run
Hadoop?

-- Owen

Re: java 1.4 versus 1.5

Matthew Hannigan
Do it; java 1.5 has much better profilability too.