javadoc location

Yonik Seeley-2
> Also: one hitch when adding the site to the distribution, was that the
> link the the left nav of the HTML pages ot the javadocs doesn't work ...
> it wants one extra level of "docs" tags and i couldn't think of anyway to
> fix it that wouldn't break the actual website.
>
> We may want to move stuff arround on the site so a relative link can work
> better.

We could generate "docs" under "site" and that would fix the problem.
Or are you thinking of moving everything in the real site under
another directory so that docs could be ../docs ?

Re: javadoc location

Chris Hostetter-3

:
: We could generate "docs" under "site" and that would fix the problem.
: Or are you thinking of moving everything in the real site under
: another directory so that docs could be ../docs ?

i was just thinking that if on the live site, we created "api" directly in
the main site directory (whatever it's called) then the relative link of
"./api/index.html" would work fine for the site navigation (and would work
with what i added to the "package" target today)

i'm not really sure why the current realtive link is "./docs/api/"

(Hmmmm... it looks like my change caused a whole copy of the site to pe
put in /www/incubator.apache.org/solr/docs by the last run on the nightly
cron).

Re: javadoc location

Yonik Seeley-2

> i was just thinking that if on the live site, we created "api" directly in
> the main site directory (whatever it's called) then the relative link of
> "./api/index.html" would work fine for the site navigation (and would work
> with what i added to the "package" target today)
>
> i'm not really sure why the current realtive link is "./docs/api/"
>
> (Hmmmm... it looks like my change caused a whole copy of the site to pe
> put in /www/incubator.apache.org/solr/docs by the last run on the nightly
> cron).

OK, I fixed nightly.sh and pointed the website at api

Re: javadoc location

Yonik Seeley-2

> On 12/16/06, Chris Hostetter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > i was just thinking that if on the live site, we created "api" directly in
> > the main site directory (whatever it's called) then the relative link of
> > "./api/index.html" would work fine for the site navigation (and would work
> > with what i added to the "package" target today)
> >
> > i'm not really sure why the current realtive link is "./docs/api/"
> >
> > (Hmmmm... it looks like my change caused a whole copy of the site to pe
> > put in /www/incubator.apache.org/solr/docs by the last run on the nightly
> > cron).
>
> OK, I fixed nightly.sh and pointed the website at api

I also just added a symlink from docs/api to api so older wiki links
won't break.
I think that should work.

Re: javadoc location

Chris Hostetter-3

: > OK, I fixed nightly.sh and pointed the website at api
:
: I also just added a symlink from docs/api to api so older wiki links
: won't break.
: I think that should work.

yeah ... the one other little thing is making the links point at
"api/index.html" istead of "api/" so that the local links from unpacking a
distribution will work (most browsers just give a directory listng
otherwise)

i just commited .. updating site now (allthough it shouldn't matter)

-Hoss