[jira] [Commented] (SOLR-4729) Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

[jira] [Commented] (SOLR-4729) Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work

Sebastian Nagel (Jira)

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4729?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13638509#comment-13638509 ]

Hoss Man commented on SOLR-4729:

Adam: thanks for following up...

bq. I've just tested again and I'm still seeing the error using the solr-4.1-2013-04-22_10-31-16 nightly build. This should include the fix right?

FYI: I opened LUCENE-4949 to address the problem in how the nightly builds are being named

bq. 3. Opened up the Solr Admin page, selected the collection1 core from the dropdown and clicked on Analysis. ...

thank you for that specific piece of info and the included stack trace -- i can in fact reproduce this error you are getting.  there is definitely a bug in the LukeRequestHandler that will need addressed that prevents it (and thus the analysis screen) from working properly with this type of a copyField wildcard.  

A possible work around until this bug can be fixed is to add a dynimcField matching "*" like below to your schema.xml -- although this will prevent errors from being reported if you inadvertently spell a field name incorrectly when indexing/quering, so it may be best to only do this in dev setups where you need to test out analysis options...

   <dynamicField name="*" type="ignored" />

For the moment however i'm much more concerned by thiscomment from your original bug report (and general summary of your bug report) that i don't understand...

If I index something, this line is ignored.

("copyField with * as the source doesn't work")

As far as i can tell, there is no actual bug here preventing the copyField from working properly when indexing documents, all values from all fields do in fact get added to the "text" field -- it's only the LukeRequestHandler & admin UI that seem to have problems... correct? (or are their other errors you are seeing that you haven't mentioned yet?)

> Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work
> ---------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-4729
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4729
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 4.2
>            Reporter: Adam Hahn
> It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField.  I don't believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17 nightly build and it doesn't work.
> I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>
> If I index something, this line is ignored.  If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields aren't populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field: "*"' in the log.
> This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]