[jira] [Commented] (SOLR-4729) Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jira] [Commented] (SOLR-4729) Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work

Sebastian Nagel (Jira)

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4729?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13638765#comment-13638765 ]

Adam Hahn commented on SOLR-4729:
---------------------------------

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm glad to see that I wasn't crazy.

As for the part about it ignoring the copyField line, that seems to be my mistake.  Once I saw the error with the analysis page using my custom schema, I switched to the collection1 schema for testing.  Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the fact that "text" is indexed, but not stored.  Obviously this makes it hard to return the value in a query.

I've edited the description to remove the false error.  Do you want me to edit this issue to make it specific to the LukeRequestHandler or create a new task?

Thanks for your help...and also for the workaround. I just tried it and it will work perfect for what I need.

-Adam
               

> Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-4729
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4729
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 4.2
>            Reporter: Adam Hahn
>
> It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField.  I don't believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17 nightly build and it doesn't work.
> I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>
> -If I index something, this line is ignored.-  If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields aren't populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field: "*"' in the log.
> This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]