keyword match

Edward Quick

Has anyone written a keyword match for Nutch so when a user enters a certain search string, they are guaranteed to get a specific url at the top of the search results no matter what the boost value of that url is?

Any ideas (or links) to how this is done?

Thanks,

Ed.

Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/

Re: keyword match

Otis Gospodnetic-2-2
It ain't Nutch, but you can look at Elevate component in Solr to get some ideas.  There is a Wiki page for the component.

Otis

> Has anyone written a keyword match for Nutch so when a user enters a certain
> search string, they are guaranteed to get a specific url at the top of the
> search results no matter what the boost value of that url is?
>
> Any ideas (or links) to how this is done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed.

> Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE

Re: keyword match

Doğacan Güney-3
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Edward Quick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone written a keyword match for Nutch so when a user enters a certain search string, they are guaranteed to get a specific url at the top of the search results no matter what the boost value of that url is?
>
> Any ideas (or links) to how this is done?

You can write a new indexing filter that adds your keywords to a
"keyword" field. Then during search, you also search for those
keywords (with a query filter) in "keyword" field with a huge boost.
If a keyword matches, that document will probably shoot straight up to
the top.

> Thanks,
>
> Ed.

> Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE

Doğacan Güney

RE: keyword match

Edward Quick

Thanks Doğacan although I may need to brush up my java skills before I can do that.
I haven't tried Solr before but it sounds like maybe that's the way to go for spellchecking and keyword matches.

> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:40:58 +0300
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: keyword match
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Edward Quick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone written a keyword match for Nutch so when a user enters a certain search string, they are guaranteed to get a specific url at the top of the search results no matter what the boost value of that url is?
> >
> > Any ideas (or links) to how this is done?
> >

> You can write a new indexing filter that adds your keywords to a
> "keyword" field. Then during search, you also search for those
> keywords (with a query filter) in "keyword" field with a huge boost.
> If a keyword matches, that document will probably shoot straight up to
> the top.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ed.

> > Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE

> Doğacan Güney

Make a mini you and download it into Windows Live Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354029/direct/01/