lucene optimal configuration

is_maximum
Hi everybody,
I always used lucene with its default configuration values.now I want to
know if there is any document in which initial values for configuring a
Lucene project is specified (values for Lucene, App Server and JDK).

if anyone had such experience on achieving best performance  of Lucene, we
are appreciate to hear about any settings they made on their application. I
know the applications are different but your experiences are, of course,
useful

thanks

Mohammad
--------------------------
see my blog: http://brainable.blogspot.com/
another in Persian: http://fekre-motefavet.blogspot.com/
Sun Certified Java Programmer
ExpertsExchange Certified, Master:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_1938796.html
--
Regards
Mohammad
Pixelshot

Re: lucene optimal configuration

chrislusf
If in general, the default values should be good for general purpose.
It'll be good to know which part you want to optimize, and exactly what
problem you want to solve.

But even you get very specific, nobody can tell you what's the best
configuration.
You have to try to adjust most variables to fit your specific setup.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

On 10/6/07, Mohammad Norouzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I always used lucene with its default configuration values.now I want to
> know if there is any document in which initial values for configuring a
> Lucene project is specified (values for Lucene, App Server and JDK).
>
> if anyone had such experience on achieving best performance  of Lucene, we
> are appreciate to hear about any settings they made on their application.
> know the applications are different but your experiences are, of course,
> useful
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mohammad
> --------------------------
> see my blog: http://brainable.blogspot.com/
> another in Persian: http://fekre-motefavet.blogspot.com/
> Sun Certified Java Programmer
> ExpertsExchange Certified, Master:
> http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_1938796.html

Re: lucene optimal configuration

Michael McCandless-2

For tips on improving indexing performance, start here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveIndexingSpeed

And for searching performance, here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

Mike