lucene query parser syntax "escape ="

asianCoolz
i have a field that indexed called
<summary>. i can see the field and it's data using "luke"  .

the content is like below:::

sadf
#
#Sun Jul 20 22:34:07 SGT 2008
photographerContact=
tasterContact=
foodType=-1
profileType=-1
payment=-1
location=-1

How to use query parser to search for this summary field content for "location=-1" .  from what i know i cannot use " ="  for query. how to escape "="  ?

i tried something like this 'location=-1'  but failed

Re: lucene query parser syntax "escape ="

asianCoolz
The "-" or prohibit operator excludes documents that contain the term after the "-" symbol.

so how to search for "-"

RE: lucene query parser syntax "escape ="

steve_rowe
Hi cw,

Which analyzer are you using?  For queries like 'location=-1' you might try WhitespaceAnalyzer, since it won't throw out the '=', like StandardAnalyzer will.

See <http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html> for info about QueryParser syntax and metacharacter escaping.

For escaping QueryParser's metacharacters (like '-'), you could use the static QueryParser.escape() method: <http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_2/api/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.html#escape(java.lang.String)>.

Steve

On 07/20/2008 at 11:00 PM, cw wrote:

> The "-" or prohibit operator excludes documents that contain
> the term after the "-" symbol.
>
> so how to search for "-"

FW: lucene query parser syntax "escape ="

Aigner, Thomas
Please remove my email from the general lucene group
Thanks,

Tom

RE: lucene query parser syntax "escape ="

steve_rowe
Hi Tom,

On 07/21/2008 at 4:07 PM, Aigner, Thomas wrote:
> Please remove my email from the general lucene group

In the email headers for messages you receive from Lucene lists, there is a List-Unsubscribe: field.  Here's the one in this message, and in yours:

Does that not work for you?

Steve

Remove from list

Durham, Billy (FC CoE)
Remove from list.

I want to be removed from this mailing list.