mapred branch Revision 226742

Yitao Duan
I saw this revision fixed something that has been puzzling me.
However, if the fix is applied, NDFS can't handle 0-byte files
anymore. It will simply hang. I didn't look into the code yet. Maybe
this case is something that needs to be handled specially?

Yitao

Re: mapred branch Revision 226742

michael_cafarella
  That's a good point.  I fixed this to take care of the problem where an empty write() would cause the datanode to
shutdown the stream, even though more bytes might have been written afterwards.

  I'll take a look at this and try to figure out a better fix.

  Thanks for the catch.
  --Mike