messy looking Searcher.search

Karl Wettin
Is it safe to change from

   public final Hits search(Query query) throws IOException {
     return search(query, (Filter)null);
   }

   public Hits search(Query query, Filter filter) throws IOException {
     return new Hits(this, query, filter);
   }

   public Hits search(Query query, Sort sort) throws IOException {
     return new Hits(this, query, null, sort);
   }

   public Hits search(Query query, Filter filter, Sort sort) throws
IOException {
     return new Hits(this, query, filter, sort);
   }

   public final Hits search(Query query) throws IOException {
     return search(query, null, null);
   }

   public final Hits search(Query query, Filter filter) throws
IOException {
     return search(this, query, filter, null);
   }

   public final Hits search(Query query, Sort sort) throws IOException {
     return search(this, query, null, sort);
   }

   public Hits search(Query query, Filter filter, Sort sort) throws
IOException {
     return new Hits(this, query, filter, sort);
   }

? It would make it so much easier for me to implement that cache I want.