meta in search query string

Poettgen
Hi,

I have added on my HTML-Pages two meta tags for the language and a category
(news, articles,...) of the page.

And an meta tag for an categorie:

Who can I buildt an search query and get the hits for example:

Find all where language='en'  an category='news' and the content contains
'nutch8.0' ?

What is way to get the results?

By the way I am using v 0.71.

Re: meta in search query string

Thomas Delnoij-3
You can follow the tutorial at
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample. Just replace
"recommended" with "category", and it will show you what to do.

(I just implemened a "category" filter this way ...)

Rgrds, T.

> I have added on my HTML-Pages two meta tags for the language and a
> category
> (news, articles,...) of the page.

> And an meta tag for an categorie:

> Who can I buildt an search query and get the hits for example:
>
> Find all where language='en'  an category='news' and the content contains
> 'nutch8.0' ?
>
> What is way to get the results?
>
> By the way I am using v 0.71.

RE: meta in search query string

Vanderdray, Jacob
        One difference you'll want is to change the plugin.xml file so
that your query filter gets used just for the fields you're interested
in.  Instead of fields="DEFAULT" in the example, you'll want
raw-fields="language" and raw-fields="category".  Assuming you name the
fields language and category when you add them to the index.

Jake.

"recommended" with "category", and it will show you what to do.

(I just implemened a "category" filter this way ...)

Rgrds, T.

> I have added on my HTML-Pages two meta tags for the language and a
> category
> (news, articles,...) of the page.

> And an meta tag for an categorie:

> Who can I buildt an search query and get the hits for example:
>
> Find all where language='en'  an category='news' and the content
contains
> 'nutch8.0' ?
>
> What is way to get the results?
>
> By the way I am using v 0.71.

RE: meta in search query string

Poettgen
Thank you,

I will try it.

T. can you send me your plugin sources/plugin.xml/jar as an example. I am
quit new to java development, that would help me.

But how can I search for my two fields.

What must be changed in the search.jsp to search the fields?

"Vanderdray, Jacob" <[hidden email]> wrote on 23.02.2006 19:17:35:

>    One difference you'll want is to change the plugin.xml file so
> that your query filter gets used just for the fields you're interested
> in.  Instead of fields="DEFAULT" in the example, you'll want
> raw-fields="language" and raw-fields="category".  Assuming you name the
> fields language and category when you add them to the index.
>
> Jake.

If you follow Jacob's advice you don't have to change anything in the
search.jsp to query the two fields. Just add category:your_category and
language:your_language to your query in the search box and the fields will
be queried.

I am afraid I cannot share my code in this stage, as it was developed for a
private company. But really all code you need is in the tutorial.

Rgrds, Thomas