multiple spellchecker components

Stefan Oestreicher
Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of converting my index from the old
spellchecker request handler to the spellcheck component. My index has a
category field and my frontend only allows to search in one category at
once so I have a spellchecker request handler for each category in order
to present only spelling suggestions that are relevant for the current
category (the handlers only differ in the termSourceField).
Unfortunately  I don't quite get how I can achieve that with the new
component. Although the example in the wiki shows how you can configure
multiple components there doesn't seem to be a way to explicitly invoke
one of them on a per request basis (or at least the wiki lacks an
example).
That's my current configuration:

<searchComponent name="nuspell"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent">
      <lst name="spellchecker">
          <str name="name">default</str>
          <str
name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
          <str name="field">spellcheck</str>
      </lst>

      <lst name="spellchecker">
          <str name="name">news</str>
          <str
name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
          <str name="field">spellcheck_nachrichten</str>
      </lst>
 </searchComponent>

But it seems that only the "default" spellchecker is actually used. I
tried passing the name like "spellcheck.name=news" but that didn't work.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Stefan Oestreicher

Re: multiple spellchecker components

Stefan Oestreicher
I figured it out myself.
The parameter is called "spellcheck.dictionary". This needs to be set to the desired spellchecker name.
I'll updated the wiki with this information.

Best regards,

Stefan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----