need URL openStream() to test Tika-327 in MimeDetectionTest?

need URL openStream() to test Tika-327 in MimeDetectionTest?

Allison, Timothy B.
All,

  testUrlOnly in MimeDetectionTest makes a URL.openStream() call.  I have to modify Tika's pom with my proxy info to  get the test to pass in my environment.  Would the test still test Tika-327 if we modified the test to read from a local copy of nheri's html?  It looks to me like the issue is with the html, and that we don't need the network call.   If this is the case, would anyone mind if I submitted a trivial patch to modify this test?

  Thank you.

            Best,

                  Tim

RE: need URL openStream() to test Tika-327 in MimeDetectionTest?

Allison, Timothy B.
Doh! Please ignore last email: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1129

Would anyone mind if I recreated the structure from the offending html so that we can return this test to test a local copy of the document?

  testUrlOnly in MimeDetectionTest makes a URL.openStream() call.  I have to modify Tika's pom with my proxy info to  get the test to pass in my environment.  Would the test still test Tika-327 if we modified the test to read from a local copy of nheri's html?  It looks to me like the issue is with the html, and that we don't need the network call.   If this is the case, would anyone mind if I submitted a trivial patch to modify this test?

  Thank you.

            Best,

                  Tim

RE: need URL openStream() to test Tika-327 in MimeDetectionTest?

Nick Burch-2
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
> Doh! Please ignore last email:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1129
>
> Would anyone mind if I recreated the structure from the offending html
> so that we can return this test to test a local copy of the document?

I think as long as we reference the file with a local URL, then it ought
to be an equivalent test

Nick